Friday, March 6, 2015

Skin Care Snow Day

     Hello Lovelies!


     I don't know if you've seen by the news, but the Southeastern US has once again been hit by some ridiculous winter weather. It rained all day Wednesday, then the temps fell and we got (what is for here) tons of snow. There's about 5 inches in my front yard which is just crazy. Since Valentine's day, my daughter has had SIX snow days. Seriously, this is kind of unheard of here. I don't think we've had a winter like this since I was a child. With all that going on, I frankly just haven't felt the need to bother with makeup. BUT I HAVE been making sure to take care of my skin!


     I have pretty normal skin, my cheeks are really neither dry nor oily, but my forehead, nose, and chin are definitely on the oily side. Even so, it's important to keep all of my skin hydrated in the winter or else it ALL gets VERY dry and flaky and just generally not great. This mostly just means drinking more water than I might would otherwise, but includes some product use as well.

One key thing, is that I never use any kind of astringent products on my face. I don't even use traditional makeup wipes or remover. I DO use the Benefit They're Real Remover
as it's the ONLY thing that will take off my They're Real Mascara, but other than that only one other "cleanser" goes near my face...


Pampers Baby Wipes. Yes, you read that right. Baby wipes. I go for the "sensitive" line, but they also have a couple other options. I started them when I had my daughter. I had them around the house, and I figured that they had to be strong enough to deal with messes, while gentle enough to put on an infant, I might as well see if I could use them myself. And boy howdy! One wipe takes off basically ALL my makeup (sans They're Real, as I said). They're soft on my skin, don't dry me out & I can get a package of 320 for only $9 at Walmart!!! When have you ever paid that little for a makeup remover or cleanser or wipes. These things are the business; I'm telling ya. And better yet, Pampers does rewards points. On all their products their are codes, save up & enter in your codes and you can redeem them on the Pampers site for all sorts of things. Sure there's lots of baby/kid gear, but there's also gift cards to stores like J C Penny or Shutterfly and subscriptions to magazines like Better Homes & Gardens. And they change it up/add new things occasionally, so you might find something you'd like! 

    There's one other thing that I use EVERY day...well...night actually. It's the boscia restorative night moisture cream. I don't actually put moisturizer on under my makeup, because I do have issues with slippage if I try, but this stuff really does the trick for me. It keeps my skin soft and hydrated and happy without making it greasy or break out. 

   All of these items are must haves for keeping my skin happy all winter long. Admittedly, the They're Real Remover and boscia cream are on the pricey side, but with both, a little goes a LONG way, so I get a whole lot of uses out of them. Between that and the low price of the wipes, I think it all evens out. 


SO what do these guys do for me? Well, here's a photo of my naked face, taken today. You decide for yourself :





1 comment:

  1. So I actually just switched skincare stuff (well, amped it up is a bit more accurate) because I am sooooo dry all year, but I use baby wipes too! I use the Burt's Bees ones because they smell awesome, and they actually get They're Real! off pretty well!

    ReplyDelete