Monday, March 23, 2015

FOTD: Manic Monday - What I do when I'm running late...

Hello Lovelies!

     Hope you all had a phenomenal weekend. I know I did. Saturday, I got to take my daughter to the Ballet Memphis family day at the Botanic Gardens where she got to meet some of the ballerinas in their Swan Lake costumes & watch a few of the dances and do some fun crafts. Then she went to spend some time with my family while I met up with my friend Amber  for the reading flash mob at Overton Park (I'm reading John Green's An Abundance of Katherine's if anyone wants to know).Yesterday we had family lunch (joined by my friend Susan) at Asian Palace for the BEST dim sum in town, and then it was just a quiet, lazy, rain afternoon.
     But now. It's Monday.
     Boo!
     And just like every Monday, I struggled this morning to get my butt in gear, get my daughter & I out of the house & back to the real world. I don't know what it is, but so far I'm 30, and Monday's still hit me like a ton of bricks every single week. So what's a girl to do when she want's to look nice and presentable for work, but she's overslept by almost an hour and still has to get herself AND her tiny human ready? This girl LIVES by the words of Jeremy Renner.
     Yes.
     THAT Jeremy Renner.
     The Avengers' Hawkeye, Bourne Legacy's Aaron Cross, and The Hurt Locker's Sergeant First Class William James. King of resting bitch face. Super cool action dude. He has some thoughts on makeup. What the WHAT?!? Yup. Before becoming an actor Renner had several jobs, one of which was as a makeup artist! In 2012, while promoting (I think?) The Bourne Legacy, Renner was on Ellen, who asked about his biggest makeup tip he would give, and it's one I no live by on my busiest mornings.


That's it. That's all there is to it. Draw the attention to the center of your face and the two big focal points - your eyes and lips, and BAM. Done. Here's my (LESS THAN) 5 minute "Renner Approved" face:

You know what? I'm good! I mean it's a stunningly beautiful Spring day in Memphis anyway, so something light and fresh was already going to be my look, this is just how I did it (basically) running out the door. There are LITERALLY only four products on my face today: Naked 2 eyeshadow from the Naked Basics palette to fill in my brows, H&M clear brow gel to set that, Benefit They're Real on my lashes and MAC Nouvelle Vogue on my lips. That's it. I love a full face of makeup. I love sitting and playing with intricate eyeshadow looks. But hey, some days, a girl's got to just get moving!


No comments:

Post a Comment