Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday FOTD & OOTD: "The Devil's in the details, but the truth is there too." -Stephen King

Hello Lovelies!


     Okay, so maybe that quotation isn't the most on the nose, but it's one of my favorites & it's close enough. Take it or leave it. Haha. The point is though, that todays Face of the Day & Outfit of the Day both revolve around my love of details. Just those little bitty things that make a person smile, make something larger stand out, or make you stop and take notice. Today's details definitely do all three for me.



It's finally feeling like Spring time in Memphis! AKA: it's around 40* when I leave the house, but almost 80* by the time I get home in the evening. I'm also certain we'll have another cold snap / freeze before all is said and done. But who cares?!? Right now it is GORGEOUS and I am taking FULL advantage. A soft, pink-y, springy face pairs nicely with this awesome fox print dress from ModCloth. 

Read on for details!
 Here's all the products on my face today

FOTD 3/16/15

FOTD 3/16/15 by kirby921 

     I started on a few of my Spring Cleaning projects over the weekend. One of those was going through ALL my makeup. While some things were easily sorted into the standard keep/sell/give/trash piles, some items (like the Wet N Wild palette above) gave me a bit of pause. I haven't used them in quite some time, which should automatically send them to one of the "don't keep" piles, but I found myself wanting to give them a try. So for this (and the 4-5 or the things that gave me the same issue), I am challenging myself to use them more. If I can get myself to use them at LEAST once a week for the next 6 weeks, I'll let them stay a while longer, but if I find myself not wanting to, then I know it'll be time to let them go. 
     So yeah, that little three-pan palette was the inspiration for this whole makeup look. I'm quite pleased with it. And that "browbone" color is an AWESOME transition shade - not quite as peach as my Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie, but not a true brown either. I will absolutely be reaching for it again.The "crease" color was fine, as was the "eyelid," but I found myself reaching for my Too Faced Enchanted Garden (one of my T J Maxx finds!) to give them more depth. 
     My favorite detail of this look is absolutely that Kat Von D Fool's Gold liner in my waterline and on the outer half of my lower lashes. It's just a little something special & a nod towards the sunny days to come. Here's an up close look:

Then there's this fox dress!
I mean really. Really. I just love it. It hits just at the bottom of my knee. That plus the higher neckline make it totally work appropriate for me. It's sleeveless, so when I leave work I can take off my cardigan and enjoy the sunshine on my arms.And it's just the right mid-weight for this moderately unpredictable Spring weather. Sadly, it doesn't have pockets, but I like it so much I think I'll give it a pass. I've got it paired today with some nude and white retro/granny sandals that I got from Old Navy last summer. They're not exactly my favorite, but I didn't really have anything else that worked quite as well. I'm looking forward to having Fall though when I can wear come nice chocolate brown boots with it & not sweat to death! Haha!
Here's a close-up of the print:
I just cannot get enough of it!
And if that isn't enough of a great "detail" for you, check these out. I layered my rose gold wishbone necklace with my Kate Spade red dot... 
...that is actually so much more than a red dot! 
I'm also super pumped to be wearing my teeny-tiny Tennessee stacking rings today

I am one happy lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment