Friday, March 27, 2015

Missing the Warmth

Hello Lovelies!

     It's Friday!

     I don't know if many of my readers are very familiar with Memphis, but Spring here, means some of the most unpredictable (read: DRUNK) weather of our year. You can literally be wearing shorts & flip-flops one day & withing 24-36 hours it's icing/snowing. Our temperatures are CRAZY. I'm told it has something to do with not just our general geographic location, but our position on a bluff and on the Mississippi River. It's "super fun." (Where's that sarcasm font? It's 2015, shouldn't we have that by now?)

     ANYWAY

   Today is one of those gloomy, grey, cloudy days. It's only 43* as I write this. But on Tuesday & Wednesday...OH...it was ~80* of blue skies and sunshine. It was GLORIOUS. So today, my brain is trying to relive those beautiful days until we can get some more.

     If you're already tired of hearing me espouse the awesomeness that is T J Maxx, you might want to move along. If not, read on!
     So I picked up this super cute skirt and blouse several weeks ago when it was still decidedly Winter.




















The blouse is a beautiful red-orange with laser cut matching overlay. It lends to a super cool effect. It's from Cynthia Rowley. The T J Maxx tag gad it originally priced at $35, and their price of $19.99. The skirt is the awesome watercolor print that sort of evokes a floral-ish kind of vibe. It's from Katherine Barclay Montreal, which I've never heard of, but between the quality, beauty, and the price? I will absolutely be keeping an eye out for more from this brand. The tag says it retails for $45, and it cost me $24.99.

     SO! Knowing I was going to be wearing a whole outfit from T J Maxx, I thought it might be fun to see if I could pull off a whole makeup look using only products I've gotten there as well! And I could! Well... mostly.... I didn't have any products for my brows or lips, but everything else.
Perfectly imperfect, soft, dewy, springtime makeup, all thanks to T J Maxx! Here's what I ended up with:

In case you're wondering: the foundation was $3.99, the mascara & blush were $2.99 each, and the eye shadows (my Too Faced ones - now depotted to fit in my Z-Palette - comment if you'd like a tutorial of how to do this yourself!) were $5.99 each. I am VERY pleased with how this all came together.

I hope you like it!

Be on the lookout: next week I'll be posting my March Favorites, Fails & Future Excitement video!





No comments:

Post a Comment