Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Easily Change Day to Night Makeup Look for the Elvis Costello Show



Hello Lovelies!

       Hope everyone's week is going well; I know mine is! 
     SO. My dad's birthday is January 10th. Being so soon after Christmas makes finding gifts that he (a) wasn't given, (b) wasn't given a gift card for and bought himself can be . . . difficult. But this year I KNEW what to do! I got tickets for him & me to go see Elvis Costello. So happy! Dad had seen him several years back, but it was a first for me. It was a really awesome thing for us to do together. Anyway, the show was last night and it was so much fun. I'm a little bit in love with his current opening act Larkin Poe. They're really comprised of a full band, but this is Elvis' solo tour, so only the Lovell sisters (Megan & Rebecca) preformed. But let me tell you what. These ladies are AMAZING. So beautiful. So talented. And so So SO nice! Seriously, go like them on Facebook, then head on over to Amazon & get some of their music on vynil, cd, or digitally. 
     After their set I had to grab up their new (first full length) album on vinyl and a tee. They were kind enough to sign the record for me (as you can see) and they were both complimenting me on my nails. I loved the look on their faces when I told them these were just "cheap" Kiss fakes from Walgreens!! This pattern just feels so on trend for spring. It's geometric and a little bit tribal, and you can never really go wrong with black, white, and gold.
    Anyway, on to the makeup!
    Yesterday was a busy day. I get up and ready for work around 6:30am, and I knew I wouldn't have much time between work and dinner, or dinner and the show, so I had to do most of my makeup first thing, then plan just a couple little tweaks to turn things up for a night out. Cause hey, even Tuesdays can be a fun night!
     I decided my best/easiest/most time efficient course of action would be to spend my morning doing my full face / flawless skin routine.

flawless face 3/10/15

flawless face 3/10/15 by kirby921

I followed this up with a quick swipe of my Benefit They're Real mascara to my lashes and Billion Dollar Brows Hint of Tint in Taupe on my brows, then I was off to work!

(*This was actually taken after work, but you get the idea)

Thanks to this excellent foundation (hahaha see what I did there ;) ), all I had to do to get ready to go to the show was rim my eyes with a really soft eggplant  eyeliner that I kind of smudged about with my pinky finger, slap on another coat of mascara and dress up my lips with the Rimmel London Show Off Lip Velvet in #307 Meteoric Matte. Annnnnnddddd..
(* Woah my left eye looks wonky here haha)

Tada! That's all! I'm all sassy-fied and ready for an awesome show using only 3 products! Seriously, I think it took me a grand total of MAYBE 3-4 minutes to get ready. So great.


No comments:

Post a Comment