Monday, February 23, 2015

Trying out Napoleon Perdis for the First Time

     SO! Here's a little confession about Kirby: I *LOVE* T J Maxx. Seriously. Love it. I have bought something from every department the offer at some point in my life. Just this week I snagged a GORGEOUS Rebecca Minkoff grey ultrafine merino wool cardigan (original price tag of $89.95 still attached) for $19.99! But the area I ALWAYS have to check out, is their beauty department. As with anything else at T J Maxx, it's hit and miss. But I pop in almost once a week just to have a quick look-see. Normally, if I get anything it's a brand I know and love, just on a good discount (in December, I snagged a TEN piece Kat Von D eyeliner set for just $6. Seriously. Amazing.), but sometimes I take advantage of their good deals to try out things I never have before. That leads us to the topic of this post!


Over the weekend, I popped in to see what they had (they usually add new stock three times a week, so it's always changing & you never know what you could find), and I spotted a nice little palette! It's only labeled as "Prismatic Palette," no color names or anything like that. It was only $4.99(!!!) and the T J Maxx price tag said, "compare at $12.00." It has four eyeshadows and a blush, so basically we're looking at a dollar per color. Can't beat that! Here's what it looks like:
















 As you can see, it's a nice nude eyeshadow quad, with a peachy pink blush in center.
Now, I've hunted around, curious about how good of a deal I got. There aren't any of these 5 pan palettes on the Napoleon Perdis site or Nordstrom or any place like that that I could find. The closest was this eyeshadow quad (minus the blush):
 
That quad is for sale now for $35! And I was able to find the palette I have on ebay for $20-25. So yeah. I am super excited I got it for only $4.99. 

Now...my thoughts.
I do like this palette very much. You can never have too many nice nudes in your collection, right? The formula on all the colors is very soft and buttery. It absolutely feels high-end.I thought, just looking at the colors in the pans, that the three darker eyeshadows would be shimmers, but really they're satins, and that is a-okay by me. As much as I like shimmers, satins do seem to flatter my eye shape more. The colors are very pretty, but were quite sheer. It took several applications of each to build them up enough to even see on my lids. The bottom left, kind of bronzy-nude color in my palette had a LOT of fall out, but the others did not. They did blend well, and so far seem to be staying nicely where I put them with no sliding or creasing. I think my only actual complaint is that the packaging doesn't close securely. It closes, but there's no catch or button mechanism or magnets or anything *keeping* it closed. Of course, that's nothing a rubber band can't fix.
Here's a look at my eyes and full face today; I went very light and natural. 

This is what all I used:
FOTD 2/23/15


 All in all my first experience with this brand is a positive one and I would definitely like to try more things in their line. Do any of you wear NP? What are your favorites? What should I try next??



No comments:

Post a Comment