Thursday, February 19, 2015

My first post on this blog! Here's my Face of the Day for 2/19/25

Face of the Day 2/19/15

Helloooo Lovelies!
Welcome to my new blog! I have some super fun plans for this puppy...: blogs & videos, unboxings & reviews, high-end/drugstore comparisons, I could go on and on!

This morning I wanted to share my Face of the Day with you! I went with plummy-mauves on the eyes and a matte, plum-ish berry-ish lip. It's basically all high-end today (minus the foundation & lipstick), but it's just cause I was in the kind of mood today. Usually my looks contain a more balanced mix. Oh well. I am in LOVE.

Here's the whole face:

And here's a close up on my eyes: 
It's subtle, but gives a really nice effect, I think. Anyway here's what I did:

Actually, first, I have to confide in y'all about something. Skincare. Yes, it is *very* important. However, that said, while I do a lot of steps in my skincare routine at night, I've never found anything that I liked putting on in the morning under my makeup. I have normal skin with an oily t-zone, so I really don't moisturize a whole lot. If anyone out there has any suggestions of products for me to try, leave 'em in the comments below & I'll check them out! I'm not picky about high end or drugstore, all natural & all that (I mean, who DOESN'T want to save money & prefer to know what's going on their face? But still, I'll try just about anything for a bit). 

Okay, now that that's out of the way, lets get down to business. 


1. Bare Minerals Prime Time. 

I like doing my eyes first. This is a trick I've learned from some awesome Youtube-ers. The two that jump to mind are pixiwoo & Nikkie Tutorials if you aren't watching these ladies' videos- GET THEE TO YOUTUBE because you are missing out! Anyways, I do the eyes first because, that way, if you have any messes or fall out or anything like that, the act of putting on your face makeup will basically do all the cleanup for you! 

Moving on to the eyes: 
2. Benefit Stay Don't Stray eye primer
3. MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
4. Urban Decay Naked Basics palette - I used Naked 2 (the fourth color) as a transition & Faint (the 5th) in the crease. I also used Naked 2 to fill in my brows. At night, or if I'm dressing up or something like that I'll use something darker, but this is nice in a pinch for an every day look. (AKA when I'm feeling kind of lazy and I already have a billion products going on as it is - HA!)
5. Lancome Color Design Eye Brightening All-in-One Shadow and Liner palette in Blush Sweetness - I used the top creamy color as an all over base from lashes to brow bone so everything else could blend nicely, put the left color all on the lid, the center color on the outer (ehh... a little more than) 1/3 of the lid, the right color for brow and innoer corner highlight, and the bottom color *just* on the outer V to give some dimension.

I'm kind of weird, and like for my lashes to be one of the very last things I do. I have no idea why. It's just my process. 

Next up is face makeup:
6. Today I went with CoverGirl True Blend foundation. I'll have to double-check the color later. I'm still not sure how I feel about this one. I found it at my Big Lots marked down to $3(!) and I had never tried it before so I said, "why not?" I have no idea if this is still available in stores, but I'm thinking not. So far it's....fine...but let's just say I'm glad I didn't spend more on it.
7. For a light, natural looking contour I like to use MAC Powder Blush in Harmony. I have a couple more products I like and use, but this is my go-to.
8. I love blush you guys. Seriously. All sorts of shades and formulas and consistencies, just love the stuff. Today I went with Tarte Amazonian Clay in Captivating. It is GORGEOUS. And has the tiniest bit of shimmer so you just look nice and glowy and awake. So good.
9. Speaking of shimmer, I just recently splurged and got the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Powder in Moonstone. Holy WOW. This stuff is spectacular. Is it expensive? Sure. HOWEVER, a little goes a long way, and this thing is enormous, so it's going to last me quite some time. And since it's the highlight I've reached for every day since I got it, I'm certain I'm going to get my money's worth.
10. I used a code to get a deluxe sample of this Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay pressed powder. There weren't color options, and I'm not sure of the name of the color I got, but it's a bit dark for my face. Today I used it as a bronzer just around my hair line & on my temples. I think it looks nice!


Face done, I finished up by applying a bit of 11. Benefit They're Real mascara, spritzing my whole face with 12. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, and a swipe of my 14. L'Oreal Color Riche Le Matte lip stick in Matte-r of Fact. A quick spritz of 13. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black & I was ready to go!


Let me know what you think in the comments below! Thanks for reading!

xx
K


No comments:

Post a Comment